USA Immigration
U.S. Citizenship:
US Citizenship Application
US Citizenship Package
US Citizenship Test
Dual Citizenship
Certificate of Citizenship
Certificate of Naturalization
Green Cards:
Green Card Application
Change of Address
Green Card Adoption
Green Card Change/Update
Green Card Employment
Green Card Investment
Green Card Marriage
Green Card Lottery
Green Card Relatives
Green Card Renewal
Green Card Replacement
United States Visas:
B-1 Business Visa
B-2 Tourist Visa
B-1/B-2 Visa Extension
C-1 Transit Visa
E-1 Treaty Trader Visa
E-2 Treaty Investor Visa
E-3 Visa for Australians
F-1 Student Visa
H-1B Work Visa
H-2B Work Visa
J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa
K-1 Fiancée and Fiancé Visa
Visa Waiver Program
United States Passport:
Passport Application
Passport Renewal
Green Card Employment
USA Jobs
Social Security Number
Immigration Help:
Immigration Forms
Immigration Articles
Immigration News
Green Card Lottery
Contact us

Immigration News

green card

USA Immigration

USA Immigration

USA immigration is a complicated topic consisting of many rules and regulations. There are thousands of USA Immigration lawyers in the United States that help individuals file your application, but it is also possible to submit your own application with little or no help. USA Immigration Services is a private organization dedicated to help foreigners, green card holders and United States citizens file their own applications by obtaining downloadable USA immigration guides for a small fee.

To become a United States citizen is the dream for millions of people around the world. Unfortunately, it is not possible to just move to the United States and settle down. Most individuals are required to obtain a non-immigrant visitor visa (B-1 Business Visa or B-2 Tourist Visa) before they can visit the United States on a temporary basis. Foreigners that marry a U.S. citizen or green card holder, or invest in the United States may apply for an immigrant visa (green card) and get the right to live and work legally in the United States. The process of obtaining either an immigrant or non-immigrant visa can be both time consuming and involve a substantial amount of fees. For more information about how to legally immigrate to the United States or learn about different visitor visas, please visit US Immigration.

USA Visas

Foreigners that visit the United States must be in possession of valid visitor visa. Individuals from certain countries can enter the U.S. under the visa waiver program with a machine readable passport. However, most nationalities must obtain a visitor visa (B-1 Business Visa or B-2 Tourist Visa) in advance. Visas that are issued for the purpose of staying temporary are classified as non-immigrant visas. Immigrant visas make up the second category of visas where individuals can visit the United States for the purpose of legally immigrate, such as the K-1 Fiancé Visa.

Green Cards

There are several ways to obtain a green card. The few lucky selected in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (a.k.a. Green Card Lottery) just have to go through the application process. However, only 55,000 individuals are given this opportunity every year. Other ways of obtaining a green card can be through family in the United States or through an employer. Some categories have a limit of how many that can obtain a green card annually (e.g. family based immigration), while other categories have no limit of green cards that can be issued (e.g. fiancés of U.S. citizens). A Green Card gives an individual the right to legally live and work in the United States. Note that individuals with green cards still hold the citizenship of their country of birth, but green card holders can apply for U.S. citizenship after certain amount of years as a green card holder. The United States allow individuals to hold dual or multiple citizenships.
  • The current Green Card (United States Permanent Resident Card) is not actually "green". It got its name from the early version that was green.
  • There is a difference between getting a green card and obtaining U.S. citizenship.
  • A green card is normally issued for 10 years at the time and it must renewed upon expiration.
  • Individuals that get married to a USA Citizenship or a green card holder, or invest a substantial amount in the U.S. economy may apply for a green card with conditions that needs to be removed after 2 years.
  • If your Green Card is expired or about the expire, you should submit a Green Card Renewal Application immediately. Having an expired Green Card is a serious problem.

USA Citizenship

United States citizenship can only be obtained by birth or through naturalization. Naturalization is the process of obtaining U.S. citizenship for green card holders. Once a green card holder obtains citizenship, he or she must surrender the green card. Benefits of obtain USA Citizenship include:
  • You can vote in elections
  • You can run for public office
  • You can apply for government jobs
  • You can help your family members immigrate to the United States
  • Your unmarried children can move to the United States
  • You will be able to get Social Security benefits even if you do not live in the United States
  • You may live in other countries and still hold a second citizenship
  • You can have an American passport when you travel
  • You can re-enter the United States easily
  • You do not have to renew your green card
  • You do not have to file a form when you change your address
  • You will not be deported
  • You get financial aid from the government
  • You do not have to worry about USA immigration laws
  © 2011 USA Immigration Services